At first, chia pudding scared me. Actually, chia seeds in general scared me, reminding me of tiny little bugs. But those little guys are packed full of protein, fiber, and Omega-3 fatty acids, and they're virtually tasteless. The best part? This delicious vanilla pudding can be prepared the night before you need it (in less than five minutes!) and stored in the fridge for days, ready-when-you-are.
- 3/4 cup Almond milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds (more seeds = thicker pudding)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 packet stevia (or other sweetener of choice)
- Throw your ingredients into a sealed container.
- Shake, shake, shake. The consistency will be quite watery, but don't worry- the seeds will absorb excess water and create a nice pudding texture by the morning.
- Throw that bad boy in the fridge overnight.
- Wake up to some DELICIOUS vanilla chia pudding. Really, it's that simple.
Feel free to add toppings- fresh or frozen fruits, nuts, coconut shreds- its up to you! My favorites are strawberries and a sliced banana.
The beauty of this recipe is that it's so easy to customize. Add some raw cacao powder and BAM! Chocolate chia pudding. Play around with different add-ins such as coffee, matcha powder, coconut milk, and see what you like the most! Get creative.