I've been completely obsessed with these itty-bitty brownies. These 6 ingredient brownie bites are raw, vegan, gluten-free, fudgy, and most of all- DELICIOUS. With no nasty artificial sweeteners or chemicals, guilt-free brownies do exist, and they're packed into these adorable, bite-sized packages!
- 3 cups pitted dates, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- If you have a high-speed, heavy duty blender, throw the dates in there and blend 'em up. If you're like me and haven't dropped $500 on a vitamix, it's probably a good idea to chop them up manually a bit to make them easier to blend.
- Slowly add in the cacao powder. As it mixes, the dough will get darker and darker in color.
- Add in your vanilla extract and salt. The mixture will be very, very dry, but that's okay. Trust me. Remember: these brownies aren't being baked, it's good that they stick together on their own.
- Line/oil a mini-cupcake pan (or a regular pan for normal brownies, but that's not as adorable).
- Take your ball of brownie dough and evenly distribute into your brownie pan of choice.
- If you're not adding frosting, pop these bad boys into the fridge for a few hours to set, and you're good to go. If you want to step it up a notch, keep reading.
The Frosting: Optional, but Delicious (and Totally Recommended)
Honestly, I use this frosting so much. It's so delicious, only 4 ingredients, and so easy.
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tbs oil of choice (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Throw your ingredients in a bowl
- That's literally it. Frosting: done.
Evenly distribute onto your brownies, and put in the fridge to set. Remove a few hours later, and enjoy! These brownies last for about a week in the fridge, and even longer in the freezer! (I make my batches in bulk.)